Sunday, February 3, 2013

Man-Made Machine

There's this tension that I can't seem to shake.  It thrives in my lungs and my throat and escapes through my mouth.  It's this heaving; it's heavy breathing.

And now the world is quaking and everything I look at is shaking.  But that's just my hands.  They infect the things--the humans--they touch.

Except, it's all normal because I'm laughing.  I'm throwing my head back and my hair quivers because the noise erupting causes my body to erupt, too.  Because, I think, I'm programmed that way.

This is why.  I let distractions come if it means escaping the reality of what's happening to me.  I let you in and I let you in and I keep letting you in.  Because someone planted it in my system.

This is why.  I'm alive and I feel alive and I pretend I'm not pretending.

And it's my everyday routine.

This is why I'm a machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment