Monday, March 25, 2013

The Things I Will Not Give to Fate

I've never experienced a tragedy with the clammy hands of Death.

Which leads me to think:  It's only a matter of time.

The time it takes to get from here to there.  The time it takes to fill your lungs.  The time it takes to give it back.  The time it takes to lose your hair.

And all I ask in return, when you meet Death palm-to-palm, is that you will wait until I'm gone.

Let me meet death first.  Let me take Him by the hand.  Let me tell Him when you've had enough.

And when your time is up, when the last grain has fallen,

Do not go gentle into that good night... Rage, rage against the dying of the light.*

Do not leave me behind, but rather greet me at the close of night.

Do not go before I'm gone.





*Do not go gentle into that good night - Dylan Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment