Monday, July 1, 2013

Pins and Needles

A slice through the thick of your skin
cannot stop the rain from taking all of the air.
Just as lying in the bed you made
cannot warm up your 0 degree body.

And I'm pretty sure there's a mouse living in my closet.
I hear him and sometimes feel him
and I just wish he'd disappear
because I can't stand the sounds of something living.

No, the signs of life in my bedroom once again
only makes it harder to think
and worse for the imagination
and hard on the lungs.

What I really want is to lie here
and hold onto myself
in the silence,
alone.

Because although I don't need you
to keep my heart pumping,
I want you to be the one to
make it work once again.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm pretty sure there's a mouse living in my closet.
    I hear him and sometimes feel him
    and I just wish he'd disappear
    because I can't stand the sounds of something living."

    So good.

    ReplyDelete