Sunday, February 2, 2014

mega ultra sad

It's not like you were ever a tangible thing.  No, you were always running and I was several footfalls behind.  The only thing I knew was the back of your head and the width of your shoulders and that faded red T-shirt.





















You played music once, not for me, but for yourself.  I told you I wanted you to serenade me always and I wasn't lying.  Because the notes that sprouted between the strings and frets of your guitar left me in a stupor.


























It's not like I ever knew you.  You sat three rows and a mile away while we learned of the things that created a harmony.  It's not like I didn't want to know you.  In fact, I may have been late to class solely to sit by you, but you always came later.  We were never on key.






And I was never the only one waiting for you.  You should have seen the congregation.

- S.H.

4 comments:

  1. "And I was never the only one waiting for you. You should have seen the congregation."

    Also, the previous two comments were greatly enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete